Worthy of mention
Here are my favorite low threshold links I've collected from August 2003
- A sincere idea too easily turned to a devilish end.
- A post on the NE blackout of 2003 and how it has something to say about our heavily linked world.
- Urban slang dictionary [via boingboing]
- Here are some thoughts on the trouble with libertarianism a little more cogent than the half-formed ideas I've had over the years. Also, a longer article entitled Why I don't understand libertarians. It seeems to me that this philosophy might lead to a perfectly well-arranged and perfectly objectionable world to live in. [via Anil's daily links]
- Thought-provoking columns on web and interaction design which make me a little edgy when I consider what I do at work.
- I found that this thread on Product Tech Support led to some unpleasant flashbacks to the five years I spent doing that.
- Watch out for the Bomb [via Incoming Signals]
- The effect of this kinetic Flash animation is much enhanced if you've heard and seen the original video with Christopher Walken. [via Anil's daily links]
- There's almost always something interesting to see at deviantART
- My new shoes for spinning, reviewed here.
- The SCO Information Minister [via Accordion Guy]
- I've always been interested by machine-generated text, such as this poetry generator.
- To all you google users searching for Harry Potter Cliff's Notes and finding my previous post, I think you might be better served by this chapter summary of Book Five (H. P. and the Order of the Phoenix)